Monday, March 10, 2008

Suicidal Barfaholics

Most people would agree that suicide is ridiculous. But most people are killing themselves almost daily. I went out with some friends recently and was reminded of why I don't drink. It is pointless, stupid, damaging, disgusting, and lets not forget, suicide. I've been with friends who got so wasted
that they don't know the difference between a tree and a person. Yes I have even seen my friends making out with trees and poles. Even consuming moderately doesn't help. It may be fun or distracting, it may even help your heart, but when the fun is over it just isn't worth it. One of my best friends, who shall remain nameless, thinks that the best nights he has are when he gets so drunk, he wakes up the next morning in his bed and can't remember how he got there. I have concluded that most alcoholics are addicted to the barf.

By the way here is an illustration (It's a link because some weaker people may join him)
illustration 1
illustration 2

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

People can drink in moderation if they choose to, a glass of wine once in a while is good for the soul. But to the excess where you don't know day from night is ridiculous. It can lead to harm yourself and others.

MalmsteenRulez! said...

I've heard that drinking a glass of wine occasionally is good for your health. But to get wasted? Seriously, it's sad if your best nights are nights when you get so drunk that you can't even remember how you got to a certain place.

Keston said...

Me personally, i dont drink to get drunk and never been there. I drink to get a better vibe. For instance i Dj and for some reason i do a MUCH better job when I drink than if i dont. I move much slower and "dont- care-ish" when i dont drink.. Mostly drink Guinness tho. (Sorry for my girl when i reach home:) )

She She said...

Drinking in Moderation is fine but once you take it to the point when you can't remember the whole night and did things you may regret, then you have a problem.

GaryJ said...

I think you may have gone a bit over-board with the idea of drinking leads to suicide. it's true though that too much is just really ridicules. Moderation is better and healthy, yes I agree, but sometimes drinking until you feel numb is alright too. Not at the point where you're slurring your words and can't walk straight. I'm not the drinking type but I have been thru some interesting drinking experiences. At the end, when you're done drinking and all...just drink water and you won't suffer thru the common hangover. It's logic, it's just that people just tend to forget is all.